Stay Informed

You can receive the latest Local History articles via e-mail or, via RSS feed. Signing up is quick and easy, just click the applicable link below.

Email List SubscribeE-mail list

RSS FeedRSS feed

Local History Archives - December 2010

Local History 

County Poor Farm

 The county poor farm, also known as the Alms House, was sold in 1890 and moved to a location West of Springfield.  More...
Local History 

A Frisco Christmas

 The Frisco Railroad's Christmas gift to their customers in 1889/1890 was half price excursion rates with the minimum rate of fifty cents!  More...
Local History 

Springfield's Flag

 Springfield's first flag was hand stiched by Mrs. Phoebe Hensley, secretary of the Commercial club in 1938.  More...
Local History 

1918 Chicken Ordinances

 In 1918 the Springfield police department instituted a campaign against chicken owners who allowed their fowls to run at large.  More...

Free wi-fi

Friends of the library

The Library Foundation

Bookmark and Share

Sign up for the newsletter

© Springfield-Greene County Library District