Start Your Job Search with Help From the Library
If you’re in the job market, consider starting your job search with help from the Springfield-Greene County Libraries.
We just added a new online job search tool called “Job & Career Accelerator.” Just go directly to
http://0-jca.learnatest.com.www.coolcat.org/lel*. Or, go to the Find a Job research page through thelibrary.org/jobs. Both Job & Career Accelerator and LearningExpress Library are listed on that page.
Anyone can access this resource within the library and remotely with a valid library card.
The first time you use it, you will be required to set up a username and password so information you save and create will stay in your profile. Be sure to save them so you can return to the site.
Look at all you can do:
- Read about more than 1,000 occupations.
- Create an occupation profile. Enter your level of education and experience, and it helps you set up online searches for jobs that match your interests and skills. The database interfaces with SimplyHired.com, which searches available jobs from more than 5 million job postings.
- Apply for the desired job online.
- Create professional resumes and cover letters, and learn interviewing skills.
- Organize and track your job search progress.
The database interfaces with Google calendar, making it easy to track multiple job searches and get reminders when to follow up on a job application or interview, said Renee Brumett, the library’s electronic resources librarian.
“Staff have commented that they like the step-by-step basics of using this resource and that it’s very user-friendly,” Brumett said.
Job & Career Accelerator also has a career guidance section. So if you don’t know where to start looking for a job, it prompts you with questions. Then it gives you options of career fields in your interest area and details the job skills you need for those fields or specific jobs.
Better still, you can build your job and computer skills with e-courses, e-books and standardized job tests through an easy link to the Learning Express Library. Learning Express is the company that provides Job & Career Accelerator.
We hope the library website is your first or next stop in winning the job you want.
* Library card required for use outside the Library
Find this article at