Kids and teens looking for something fun to do during Spring Break are invited to drop in on the movies, craft programs and parties planned at several library branches March 11-15, and a few on March 8 to kick off the school break. All programs are free and open to the public.
Kick off Spring Break early with these events:
• Friday, March 8, 3 p.m. Wonderful World of Oz, Midtown Carnegie Branch, grades 6-12. Follow the Yellow Brick Road and celebrate all things Oz with games, trivia, treats and movies, rated PG and under, all week long.
• Friday, March 8, 4 p.m., Wizard of Oz Watch Party, for grades 4-12, at the Republic Branch Library. Before you find out how the Wizard became great and powerful in the new major motion picture released this month, watch the 1939 original "The Wizard of Oz," rated G, and enter a prize drawing for a chance to win a movie pass.
• Friday, March 8, 9-10:30 p.m. Teen Night After Hours: Luck o’ the Irish Leprechaun Bash, Library Center auditorium, for grades 6-12. Erin go Bragh – Ireland Forever! Help us take over the Library after hours with a little luck of the Irish, games, music and tons of fun. Participants may not leave without a parent or guardian before 10:30 p.m.
Enjoy these events during Spring Break week:
• Monday, March 11, 2 p.m. Spring Break Movie Break, Library Center auditorium, for all ages. Join us for a movie break during spring break. Watch "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days," rated PG, on the big screen.
• Tuesday, March 12, 11 a.m., Pete the Cat’s Groovy Shindig, Brentwood Branch, for pre-K and older. We’ll move and groove, share stories and songs, do a paint walk and have more rockin’ fun.
• Wednesday, March 13, 10 a.m., Wizard of Oz Party, Republic Branch Library, for ages 1-6. Dress as your favorite character from "The Wizard of Oz" and come to the end of the Yellow Brick Road for stories and activities.
• Thursday, March 14, 1 p.m. Spring Break Crafternoon, Library Center Story Hour Room, for all ages. Drop in for crafts and games to keep you busy during Spring Break. Materials will be provided.
• Thursday, March 14, 3 p.m. Spa Day, Republic Branch Library, for grades 4-12.
Join us for Spring Break fun and learn some tips on doing your own manicures. You will have an opportunity to try out new tips and get design inspiration. Materials will be provided.
• Thursday, March 14, 4 p.m., St. Pat’s Special Feature, Strafford Branch Library, for all ages. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with “Darby O’Gill and the Little People,” rated G.
• Friday, March 15, 2 p.m. Toga Party! Brentwood Branch meeting room, grades 9-12. Beware the Ides of March! Dress in your finest sheet for the mid-March toga party and be entertained with games and activities fit for Caesar.
• Friday, March 15, 2 p.m., Spring Break Movie Break, Library Center auditorium, for all ages. Join us for a movie break for spring break. Watch "Finding Nemo," rated G, on the big screen.
• Friday, March 15, 6-8 p.m. Teen Friday Nights, Library Station Santa Fe Room, for grades 6-12. Join us for some Friday night games and crafts just for teens.
• Saturday, March 16, 1-4 p.m. Spring Break Crafternoon, Library Station Story Hour Room, for all ages. Bored over spring break? Drop in for amazing crafts for all ages and ability levels. We'll bust out glue, feathers, foam and all kinds of the coolest, craftiest stuff.
• Saturday, March 16, 2 p.m., Spring Break Movie, “Brave,” rated PG, Library Center auditorium, for all ages.
Find this article at