Buy-It-Yourself Auto Repair Manuals
The Library has thousands of repair manuals available for three-week checkout, but sometimes you need one on a more permanent basis. In that case, buying a manual for your vehicle can be a good investment.
Auto repair information for the do-it-yourself mechanic is now available in a variety of formats -- print manuals, CD-ROMs, DVDs, and online subscription services. Many publishers provide a choice of format.
Listed below are websites for the publishers of the Library's manuals. You can check to see if the manual you need is stil in print, then either buy it directly from the site or find it at your favorite bookstore or auto parts store.
Factory authorized service and owner's manuals:
- Helm Incorporated -- Ford, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc.
- Tech Authority -- Chrysler including Jeep, Eagle, Fiat (NA), etc.
Paperback DIY manuals:
- Chilton's Total Car Care -- cars and trucks
- Haynes -- cars, trucks, and motorcycles
- Clymer -- motorcycles, tractors, marine, etc.
Hardback, professional, and specialized manuals:
Online subscription only:
Don't forget the Friends of the Library book sales every spring and autumn. You can find many used manuals at bargain prices.
Find this article at