Job & Career Accelerator: What is it, and Why Do I Need It?
* The Library's subscription to Job & Career Accelerator ended October 2015
Job & Career Accelerator is a library database that helps people learn about careers and gain the skills they need to land their dream jobs. It can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection. All you need is a library card.
How do I get to Job & Career Accelerator?
Visit thelibrary.org/jobs. Then click on “Job & Career Accelerator.” Log in with your library card if prompted. Click “Register” to create an account. Then log in.
What can I do with it?
- Job Search Tool--This tool allows you to search for jobs, internships, schools and training programs.
- Career Exploration--Take a test to find careers that match your personality and education. It also allows you to explore different careers. Each occupation description includes salary information, knowledge and skills needed, tasks and activities, tools and technology used, and education requirements.
- Resume Builder--This tool allows you to input your personal information and work experience. Then it puts the information it in resume format for you. A cover letter builder and sample letters are also available.
- Job Application & Interview Tutorials--These tutorials walk you through the steps of filling out a job application and interviewing for the job.
- Software tutorials--These video tutorials help you learn necessary computer skills to get the job. Tutorials include: Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel WordPerfect, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
If you have questions or need help, please Ask a Librarian.
Find this article at