To see a photo of the original Central High School building visit the History Museum for Springfield-Greene County website.
From the Springfield, MO Republican 25 June 1910, page 8.
Old Central School Ruins Being Removed
The wrecking of the old Central school building on Jefferson street has been completed by Ellis Paxson, who had the contract for the work, and the debris is being moved from the ground. So soon as the ground has been cleared work will be commenced on excavations for the four story building, to be constructed by John T. Woodruff and his associates as a general office building for the Frisco railroad.
It is expected that the ruins of the old Central building will be cleared this week and that work will be commenced on the Frisco office building some time during the coming week.
The Frisco Office Building in the 1910 Sanborn fire insurance maps, shows the Frisco building "from plans". The 1902 Sanborn map still shows the "Central Public School".
Find this article at