A full-time outreach assistant position is available on the Mobile Library and in the Outreach Services Department located at the Library Center. The job pays $9.45 per hour and is scheduled for approximately 40 hours per week, primarily between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. on Friday, but may also work occasionally on Saturday or Sunday.
The vision for the Springfield-Greene County Library is to be a thriving Library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Library employees will be expected to embrace the following values:
- Empowerment -- To give someone the means or ability to do something.
- Respect -- To treat all people with dignity.
- Excellence -- To be the best in everything we do.
- Innovation -- To start or provide something new.
- Confidence -- To be certain of trustworthiness.
- Synergy -- To produce a combined effect greater than what we can do individually.
- Timeliness: Since employees in this position work with other staff and provide assistance to the general public who patronize the Library, Outreach Assistants must be punctual and timely in arriving to work and completing tasks. They must also be capable of working all of the hours in their assigned shift
- Ability to work with others and the general public: Outreach Assistants are interdependent and mutually dependent regarding other job categories and will have a great degree of direct contact with
- Library patrons. Therefore, it is essential that individuals who work in this position have the ability to work and interact in a cooperative, pleasant, and constructive manner with others
- Stocks Mobile Library with materials each day for scheduled Mobile Library stops
- Processes patron holds and performs circulation duties
- Routinely checks-in and checks-out library materials
- Assists patrons with library card registration and maintains Mobile Library patron records
- Collects fines for overdue books and lost or damaged items
- Assists patrons with reader's advisory, information and location of library materials
- Routine clerical and paging duties
- Provides assistance with other programs conducted by the Outreach Department
- Manages children's Summer Reading Program on the Mobile Library
- Possible opportunities for presenting children's programming at designated sites
- Maintains supplies, displays and organization of Mobile Library.
- Provides Branch Delivery as necessary
- Ability to drive the Mobile Library safely in varied weather conditions when needed
- Requires 60 college credits (transcripts must accompany your application)
- Public library experience preferred
- Public service experience required
- Class E drivers license required upon employment
- Ability to interact pleasantly, constructively and cooperatively with library patrons and staff
- Ability to safely and effectively drive and park large vehicle (32 ft.) including in adverse conditions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively listen to and respond to patron inquiries
- Ability to perform essential job functions during times of high public usage
- Keyboard skills, computer and typing, 35 wpm
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and personal computers
- Regular public service contact
- Works closely with other Outreach personnel
- Routine telephone contact with other branches and departments
- Routine telephone contact with patrons
- Routine carrying of up to 40 lbs. of library materials up and down stairs while loading and unloading Mobile Library and delivery vehicles
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to 6 feet in height
- Routine lifting of library materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Supervised by Outreach Manager
- Work is primarily done inside Mobile Library, with heating and cooling generally regulated, although some duties may require being outdoors in varied conditions.
- Must pass a security background check, including motor vehicle report
- Drug screening required
Education and experience will be evaluated with regard
to quantity, recency and quality.
To receive credit for college courses or degrees, transcripts
must accompany your application.
Applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond
the stated minimums on the job posting.
Those with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations
in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act
before testing or appointment. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D
Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment.
Federal law requires that all employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of all new employees (including U.S. citizens). The Library uses the E-Verify system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA). For more information, view the E-Verify poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf). For information about the right to work, see the right to work poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf).
Find more information about applying for this
job, or download an Application
for Employment (pdf).