Training Assistant II or Training Associate
A part-time training assistant II or training associate position is available at the Edge Community Technology Center located at the Midtown Carnegie Branch Library and is scheduled for approximately 20 hours per week. The job pays $9.45 per hour for an assistant and $10.85 per hour for an associate, and will be posted until the application deadline of June 18.
The vision for the Springfield-Greene County Library is to be a thriving Library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Library employees will be expected to embrace the following values:
Empowerment - To give someone the means or ability to do something.
Respect - To treat all people with dignity.
Excellence - To be the best in everything we do.
Innovation - To start or provide something new.
Confidence - To be certain of trustworthiness.
Synergy - To produce a combined effect greater than what we can do individually.
- Ability to work well with others and the general public. It is essential that individuals who work in this position have the ability to work and interact in a cooperative, pleasant, and constructive manner with others.
- Coordinate registration of public and staff training sessions and tutorials.
- Perform set-up, assist and/or instruct public and staff training sessions.
- For Edge Mobile Lab: transport equipment from site to site and set up lab for all public and staff sessions.
- Timeliness and dependability: Since employees in this position work with other staff and provide assistance to the general public, the Training Assistant must be punctual and reliable in arriving to work on time and having excellent attendance.
- Provide curriculum and promotional support for public and staff training sessions. This includes participating in the creation, updating, copying, and distribution of class handouts.
- Assist participants of all ages at The EDGE.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and communication of data for both public and staff training programs, including statistics and special reports.
- Accurately perform data entry and filing.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office and lab supplies.
- Assist with updating EDGE and Staff Training Web Pages.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a neat, clean and pleasant learning and working environment.
- Assistant: 60 college credit hours / Associate: BA/BS Degree in a related field preferred;
equivalent experience considered.
- Office, clerical, telephone experience is preferred.
- Teaching or training experience in a technology environment helpful.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and clerical skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet searching. Microsoft Access skills preferred.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively listen to and respond to patron and staff inquiries.
- Ability to instruct individuals and groups and make presentations to groups.
- Ability to perform essential job functions during times of high public usage.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision, both initiating and completing tasks to keep the department operating smoothly.
- Regular, daily public contact
- Works closely with other department personnel
- Routine telephone and email contact with other departments, branches, and the public
- Supervised by Training Coordinator
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to 6 feet in height.
- Displays good coordination and mobility.
- Routine lifting of library materials and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Uninterrupted standing and walking for lengthy periods.
- Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment.
- Must pass a security background check.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driverâ€™s license, and proof of insurance on vehicle.
Education and experience will be evaluated with regard
to quantity, recency and quality.
To receive credit for college courses or degrees, transcripts
must accompany your application.
Applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond
the stated minimums on the job posting.
Those with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations
in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act
before testing or appointment. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D
Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment.
Federal law requires that all employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of all new employees (including U.S. citizens). The Library uses the E-Verify system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA). For more information, view the E-Verify poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf). For information about the right to work, see the right to work poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf).
Find more information about applying for this
job, or download an Application
for Employment (pdf).