City Branch Manager - Park Central Branch Library
POSITION: Branch Manager
LOCATION: Park Central Branch
DUTIES: See job description for essential duties and qualifications.
SALARY: $34,070.40 annually with benefits
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
This is a full time, salaried, exempt position, approximately 40+ hours per week. Must be available to work any hours the library branch is open. Hours of operation are: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Saturday. This branch is not currently open on Sunday. As a condition of employment, work schedules may change as necessary to best provide user services and to meet the Library’s responsibility to the citizens of Greene County.
- Education and experience shall be evaluated with regard to recency and quality, as well as quantity. To receive credit for any college courses or degrees, transcripts must accompany your application. Based on the number and quality of applicants, applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond the minimums stated herein.
- Library employees desiring consideration must have received a satisfactory performance rating on their last performance evaluation, must be currently performing their duties at a satisfactory level, and must submit their request in writing to Human Resources, prior to the posted closing date.
- Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment.
- Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing or appointment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position: Branch Manager Park Central
Classification: Librarian II
Salary Track: M
FLSA Status: Exempt
The vision for the Springfield-Greene County Library is to be a thriving Library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Library employees shall exhibit the following values:
Empowerment -- To give someone the means or ability to do something.
Respect -- To treat all people with dignity.
Excellence -- To be the best in everything we do.
Innovation -- To start or provide something new.
Confidence -- To be certain of trustworthiness.
Synergy -- To produce a combined effect greater than what we can do individually.
Manages the daily operations of the branch, and is responsible for the collection, patron service, staff, and facility by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates branch library services and programming in compliance with system policies and procedures.
- Coordinates material selection and collection development.
- Prepares and monitors materials, equipment, and staffing budgets.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating staff.
- Ensures cleanliness and good physical condition of facility and the safety and comfort of patrons and staff.
- Arranges staff work schedules to accommodate public service needs.
- Supervises daily operations of the branch.
- Operates technologically advanced computer equipment, databases, fax machines and PCs.
- Does public speaking, conducts library tours, and library promotions.
- Prepares written branch reports and correspondence as required.
- Serves as a liaison between the library and various community and business organizations.
- Actively participates in community organizations and events, and networks with community leaders.
- Informs branch personnel of changes in library policies and procedures, serves as liaison to library administration.
- Serves on and chairs library committees as appropriate.
- Assists with all branch duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS/MLIS degree.
- Two years library experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient with current computer systems technology.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to interact pleasantly and constructively with library patrons and staff.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Knowledge of culture and interests of the community and its residents.
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects of public library services.
- Ability to perform essential job functions during times of high public usage.
- Extensive knowledge of ready reference tools.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement The Library’s General Conduct Policy.
- Ability to effectively respond to problems and complaints of patrons and/or staff.
- Computer and keyboard skills.
- Regular, daily, public service contact.
- Works closely with other branch personnel.
- Works with other branch managers and Executive Director.
- Regular contact with all system departments.
- Frequent contact with community groups.
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to a height of 6 feet.
- Displays good coordination and mobility.
- Routine lifting and handling of library materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- May require performing work at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Reports to the Associate Director.
- Supervises branch staff.
- Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general library/office environment.
- Must pass a security background check.
Education and experience will be evaluated with regard
to quantity, recency and quality.
To receive credit for college courses or degrees, transcripts
must accompany your application.
Applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond
the stated minimums on the job posting.
Those with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations
in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act
before testing or appointment. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D
Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment.
Federal law requires that all employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of all new employees (including U.S. citizens). The Library uses the E-Verify system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA). For more information, view the E-Verify poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf). For information about the right to work, see the right to work poster in English (pdf) or Español (pdf).
Find more information about applying for this
job, or download an Application
for Employment (pdf).