Local History and Genealogy Department

Address:
The Library Center
4653 S. Campbell Ave.
Springfield, MO
65810-1723
Phone: (417) 616-0534
Fax: (417)883-9348
E-mail: Ask a Librarian

Stay Informed

Receive the latest updates to this site via e-mail or RSS feed. Signup is quick and easy, just click the applicable link below.

Email List SubscribeE-mail list

RSS FeedRSS feed


ARTICLES

Local History  

Fixing Up for the Fair

 In 1963, the Ozarks Empire Fair Board added buildings and spruced up the fairgrounds in preparation for the 27th annual exposition. Photojournalist Bob Keller documented the additions and changes.  More...
Local History  

Ullmann Building

 In 1947, remodeling began on the three-story Ullmann Building. The top two floors of the 44-room hotel were removed, leaving the first floor to be repurposed as Rubenstein’s clothing store  More...
Local History  

Fourth of July

 Memories of old-time Fourth of July celebrations excerpted from interviews in Bittersweet magazine.  More...
Local History  

Hi-M Drive-In

 The frame work of the Hi-M Drive-In, the third in Springfield, is the focus of a Sunday News and Leader story in 1960.  More...
Local History  

Harriet Shepard

 The history of one of the most distinguished women in Missouri, Mrs. Harriet Elma Ohlen Shepard, 93, widow of Dr. Edward M. Shepard of Drury College, is retold in her obituary.  More...

JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Free wi-fi

Friends of the library

The Library Foundation

Bookmark and Share

Sign up for the newsletter

© Springfield-Greene County Library District