< Library Home< Local History<Frisco Home< Depots
Howell County, Missouri
Click on the thumbnail image to enlarge picture.
* All floor plans are in PDF format.
Identifier: p01101
Title:
Brandsville, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Brandsville, Missouri used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Laid out in 1883 by the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad and named for Michael Brand. During the construction of the railroad, the place was known as Flag Pond.
County: Howell
Division:
Southern

Subdivision:
Willow Springs
Branch:
Main Line
Station:
C325
Freight:
192
Milepost:
325.2 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
July 17, 1958
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01104
Title:
Burnham, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Allen Johnson
Description:
The railroad depot at Burnham, Missouri used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Named for C. B. Burnham, vice-president of the old Kansas City and Memphis Railroad of Kansas City.
County: Howell
Division:
Eastern

Sub-Division:
Willow Springs
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
C298
Freight:
104
Milepost:
298.2 miles from Kansas City
Date Original:
Unknown
Source:
3 x 5 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01216
Title:
Olden, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Olden, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. A small town on Highway 63 and the Frisco R. R., in Dry Creek Township. It was established in 1882 by the railroad and named for Benjamin F. Olden, an early lawyer and influential citizen of West Plains, who at one time, was attorney for the Kansas City, Fort Scott and Memphis R. R. Company (later the Frisco R. R.). He came from Illinois during the
late 1860s. During the construction of the road, the camp here was known as Edom for Edom Dixon of West Plains, one of the contractors. (—Place Names)
County:
Howell
Division:
Southern

Subdivision:
Willow Springs
Branch:
Main line
Station:
C306
Freight:
623
Milepost:
306.1 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
Unknown
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01227
Title:
Pomona, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Arthur Johnson
Description:
The railroad depot at Pomona, Missouri used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company A small town in Dry Creek Township, on Highway 63 and the Frisco R. R. The land had been homesteaded by William White who sold it to William Pitts who started a large fruit farm. H. D. Mackey owned a 400 acre farm of apples, peaches, pears and berries; others owned large orchards near. Through the influence of the railroad company, and William Pitts, the town was laid out between 1894 and

1896. Jacob Kreybill, originally from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, suggested the name for Pomona, the goddess of fruits, because it was situated in a good fruit section. (—Place Names)
County:
Howell
Division:
Southern
Subdivision: Willow Springs
Branch:
Main Line
Station:
C303
Freight:
675
Milepost:
303.4 miles from Kansas City
Date Original:
October 16, 1949
Source:
2.5 x 4 inch black and white photograph


Identifier: p01267
Title:
Trask, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Trask, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company
County:
Howell
Division:
Southern
Subdivision: Willow Springs
Branch:
Current River
Station:
304
Freight:
Unknown
Milepost:
304.0 miles from Kansas City
Date Original:
June 29, 1950
Source:
5 x 6.5 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01288
Title:
Willow Springs, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Willow Springs, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company A town on Highways 60 and63 at the junction of the Frisco and Current River R. R.
County:
Howell
Division:
Southern
Subdivision: Willow Springs
Branch:
Current River
Station:
C293
Freight:
909
Milepost:
293.3 miles from Kansas City
Date Original:
June 11, 1957
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Contact Us
© Springfield-Greene County Library District