< Library Home< Local History<Frisco Home< Depots
New Madrid County, Missouri
Click on the thumbnail image to enlarge picture.
* All floor plans are in PDF format.
Identifier: p01148
Title:
Gideon, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Unknown
Description:
The railroad depot at Gideon, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company
County:
New Madrid
Division:
River & Cape
Subdivision: Leachville
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
TE206
Freight:
320
Milepost:
206.2 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
October 7, 1954
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01192
Title:
Marston, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killa
Description:
The railroad depot at Marston, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company
County:
New Madrid
Division:
River & Cape
Subdivision: Chaffee
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T191
Freight:
533
Milepost:
191.4 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
September 26, 1972
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01201
Title:
Morehouse, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Unknown
Description:
The railroad depot at Morehouse, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. The town had its origin in the location here of large saw mills when the Cairo branch of the St. L. I. M. & S. R. R., made possible the handling of the vast quantities of timber found about the town. (—History of Southeast Missouri,
1912, Douglas, Vol.1, p. 389.)
County:
New Madrid
Division:
River

Subdivision:
Leachville
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
TE173
Freight:
555
Milepost:
173.1 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
September 22, 1967
Source:
8 x 10 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01229
Title:
Portageville, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at New Portageville, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company
County:
New Madrid
Division:
River & Cape
Subdivision: Chaffee
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T199
Freight:
677
Milepost:
198.9 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
May 1966
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01238
Title:
Risco, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Risco, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Risco is in the southern part of the Como Township, located on a branch line of the Frisco Railroad, and Highway 62. It was founded in about 1900 as a base of operations for the building of the railroad by Mr. Louis Houch. The railroad was bought soon after its completion by the Frisco Railroad Company. As soon as it was finished, the Himmelberger-Harrison Lumber Company began logging operations here. Using Risco as a terminal for their train lines, they hauled logs from their various tracks of timber, switched the trains to the Frisco and hauled the logs to the mills at Morehouse. Since this was a train stop,
a name for the camp was a necessity. The story as told is that an old Frisco boxcar had been sidetracked to be used as a waiting room. The “F” was missing from it name, so when the train crew came to name the village, they took the remaining letters, Risco, for a name. The post-office was established soon after 1900, and Mr. Bill Tate was postmaster for several years. The post office was in a tent.
County:
New Madrid
Division:
River

Subdivision:
Leachville
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T192
Freight:
Unknown
Milepost:
191.9 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
September 19, 1969
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Contact Us
© Springfield-Greene County Library District