< Library Home< Local History<Frisco Home< Depots
Pulaski County, Missouri
Click on the thumbnail image to enlarge picture.
* All floor plans are in PDF format.
Identifier: p01126
Title:
Crocker, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Unknown
Description:
The railroad depot at Crocker, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company
County:
Pulaski
Division:
Eastern
Subdivision: Lebanon
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
Unknown
Freight:
178
Milepost:
146.5 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
June 2, 1957
Source:
3.5 x 5.5 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01133
Title:
Dixon, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Dixon, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. About 1872, the railway company located the division end here. This added a round-house for four engines and made it a residence for four crews; this number was increased during about three years, until there were located four freight and two or three passenger crews. For the following two years or thereabouts, the
division was located at St. James, but was brought back about 1878, and remained until 1884, the time of its removal to Newburg.
County:
Pulaski
Division:
Eastern

Subdivision:
Lebanon
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T135
Freight:
601
Milepost:
134.6 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
June 2, 1957
Source:
3.5 x 5 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01237
Title:
Richland, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Allen Johnson
Description:
The railroad depot at Richland, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Richland is the most robust child of the St. Louis & San Francisco Railway in the county, and proudly bears the title of a “city of the fourth class,” the only city or incorporated town in the county, (1889). It was laid out on railway land by M. Santee, a surveyor, and located near the western boundary of the county, in the fall of 1869. The plat was made on both sides of the railway, and the officials of the railway named it in honor of General Lyon. The petition for a post-office brought to light the fact of another Missouri point bearing that name, and at the suggestions of Rev. (now) J. A. Bradshaw and Capt. L. Withaup, a name was found to honor Mr. G. W. Rich, a director of the old Atlantic and Pacific Railway. (—State of Missouri,
History of Pulaski Co., pp. 137-138.)
Richland on the A. & P. R. R., 13 miles southwest of Crocker, built in 1870 has about 500 inhabitants, and is one of the most flourishing villages in the county. The Richland Institute, the best school in the county is located here, and owns a substantial two-story building furnished in modern style. The Christians, Methodists and Baptists have organizations, but as yet no buildings. There are seven stores, one hotel and one newspaper. (—Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874, p. 457.)
County:
Pulaski
Division:
Eastern

Subdivision:
Lebanon
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
MO160
Freight:
719
Milepost:
159.8 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
May 3, 1959
Source:
3.5 x 5.5 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01265
Title:
Swedeborg, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Unknown
Description:
The railroad depot at Swedeborg, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Swedeborg is a Swedish settlement and railway point between Richland and Crocker, the land of which was bought from the railway about 1878, by the Swede Company. (—State of Missouri, History of Pulaski Co., p. 151.)
County: Pulaski
Division:
Eastern

Subdivision:
Lebanon
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
152
Freight:
Unknown
Milepost:
152.1 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
Unknown
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Contact Us
© Springfield-Greene County Library District