< Library Home< Local History<Frisco Home< Depots
Scott County, Missouri
Click on the thumbnail image to enlarge picture.
* All floor plans are in PDF format.
Identifier: p01117
Title:
Chaffee, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Unknown
Description:
The railroad depot at Chaffee, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Shortly after its establishment the town was made the division point (River Division) of the Frisco road and the repair shops removed to this point from Cape Girardeau. The depot was constructed in 1907 and featured a unique “gun turret” roof.
County: Scott
Division:
River

Subdivision:
Chaffee
Branch:
Wilson
Station:
T144
Freight:
Unknown
Milepost:
143.6 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
Unknown
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01217
Title:
Oran, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Oran, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Oran is in Sylvania Township, on the Belmont branch of the Missouri Pacific R. R., and is on the Frisco R. R. The first settlement here was called Sylvania. It was laid out as a town in 1868 and was first called St. Cloud. At a later time it was named
Oran… (—History of Southeast Missouri, 1912, Douglas, Vol. 1, p. 387.)
County:
Scott
Division:
River & Cape

Subdivision:
Chaffee
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T151
Freight:
628
Milepost:
150.6 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
September 22, 1967
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Identifier: p01251
Title:
Sikeston, Missouri Depot
Creator:
W.C. Thurman
Description:
The railroad depot at Sikeston, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Sikeston, on the St. L. I. M. & S. R. R., 25 miles from Cairo, Ill., 46 miles from Poplar Bluff, Mo., and 14 miles from Morley, was laid out in 1860 on the edge of Big Prairie… It was the shipping point for much of the produce of New Madrid County, as well as its own vicinity. It

contained 6 stores and about 250 inhabitants in 1874. (—Gazetteer of Missouri, p. 598.)
County: Scott
Division: River & Cape
Subdivision:
Chaffee
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
T166
Freight:
777
Milepost:
165.6 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
July 1970
Source:
8 x 8 inch black and white photograph


Identifier: p01271
Title:
Vanduser, Missouri Depot
Creator:
Howard D. Killam
Description:
The railroad depot at Vanduser, Missouri, used by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company. Vanduser is on the St. Louis & Gulf branch of the Frisco and is the terminus of the Bloomfield branch. It had a population of 338 in 1912. (—History of Southeast Missouri, 1912, Vol. 1, p. 389.)
County: Scott
Division:
River & Cape

Subdivision:
Leachville
Branch:
Unknown
Station:
TE163
Freight:
864
Milepost:
163.1 miles from St. Louis
Date Original:
September 22, 1967
Source:
4 x 6 inch black and white photograph

Contact Us
© Springfield-Greene County Library District