DR. R. A. SAYERS, Republic, Mo., is one of the prominent physicians of Greene County. He springs from English and German stock and from an old Colonial family of Virginia. H. W. Sayers, the father of our subject, was born in Virginia, Tazewell County, and married there Mary E. Munsey. In 1842 Mr. Sayers came to Missouri and settled in Greene County, in Washington Township, and resided some years and then settled in Benton Township, Webster County, where he is a prosperous farmer. Dr. R. A. Sayers, son of above and our subject, was born on his father's farm in Webster County November 26, 1860, and received the district school education and attended Morrisville College at Morrisville, Mo., and began his medical studies with Dr. W. D. Delzell, of Henderson, Mo., with whom he remained about three years. He attended the Missouri Medical College 1882, 1883, 1884 and graduated from that institution, receiving his diploma March, 1884. He began the practice of medicine in April, 1884, at Halltown, Mo., where he built up a successful practice, and was physician to Lawrence Countv Almshouse, during the entire time residing at Halltown until December, 1890, when he came to Republic, where the Doctor has established a wide practice and has made a host of friends by his faithful devotion to his profession. He is a member of the Greene County Medical Society and Southwest Missouri District Medical Society. Socially the Doctor is an I. O. O. F. and has filled all the offices in the subordinate lodge, and is also a member of the Encampment. He has been a member of the order since July 4, 1885. Politically, stanch Democrat. On May 26, 1885, Dr. Sayers married Frances E., daughter of James and Teressa J. (Powell) Lemmon. Dr. Sayers has a wide acquaintance among the people of southwest Missouri and takes a high rank among the medical fraternity. The Doctor is a man who has hardly approached the prime of life and has earned his enviable reputation by his ability and diligence in his profession.
Springfield-Greene County Library