A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of Cass County, Missouri
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser
Bibliography and Acknowledgements
In compiling this Directory of Towns, Villages and
Hamlets, Past and Present, of Cass County, Missouri,
an effort has been made to include every known community.
I wish to thank the staff of the Reference Department of
the Springfield-Greene County Library, who very kindly made certain rare books and maps available for examination.
Material examined includes the following:
- Wetmore's Gazetteer of the State of Missouri, 1837.
- Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874.
- History of Cass County, 1883.
- Campbell's New Atlas of Missouri, 1874.
- Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri,
- The State of Missouri in 1904, Walter
- General Scheme of Missouri, 1905, Still P.
Taft, for the use of Railway Mail Clerks.
- History of Cass County, 1917, Allen Glenn.
- Several issues of Missouri Manual.
- Several maps as indicated.
Cass County Table of Contents