A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of DeKalb County, Missouri
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser
Bibliography and Acknowledgements
In compiling this Directory of Towns, Villages and Hamlets Past and Present, of DeKalb County, Missouri, an effort has been made to include every known community and landmark.
I wish to thank the staff of the Reference Department of the Springfield-Greene County Library, who very graciously made certain rare books and material available for examination.
Material examined includes the following:
- Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874.
- New Atlas of Missouri, 1874, Campbell.
- History of Andrew and DeKalb County, 1888, Goodspeed.
- Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri, 1901, Conard.
- The State of Missouri in 1904, Walter Williams.
- General Scheme of Missouri, 1905, Still P. Taft, for the use of Railway Mail Clerks.
- Several maps as indicated.
DeKalb County Table of Contents
Local History Home