A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of Grundy County, Missouri
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser
Bibliography and Acknowledgements
In compiling this Directory of Towns, Villages and Hamlets Past and Present, of Grundy County, Missouri, an effort has been made to include every known community.
I wish to thank the Staff of the Reference Department of the Springfield-Greene County Library, who graciously made certain rare books and material available for examination.
Material examined includes the following:
- Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874.
- Campbell's New Atlas of Missouri, 1874.
- Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri, 1901, Conard.
- The State of Missouri in 1904, Walter Williams.
- General Scheme of Missouri, 1905, Still P. Taft, for the use of Railway Mail Clerks.
- History of Grundy County, 1839-1939, William Ray Denslow.
- Several maps as indicated.
Grundy County Table of Contents
Local History Home