A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of Jasper County, Missouri
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser
Bibliography and Acknowledgements
In compiling this Directory of Towns, Villages and Hamlets Past and Present, of Jasper County, Missouri, an effort has been made to include every known community.
I wish to thank the staff of the Reference Department of the Springfield-Greene County Library, who, very graciously, made certain rare material available for examination.
Material examined includes the following:
- History of Jasper County, 1912, Joel T. Livingston.
- History of Jasper County, 1883, Mills & Company, Des Moines.
- State of Missouri, History of Newton County, 1889, Goodspeed.
- Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874.
- New Atlas of Missouri, 1874.
- The State of Missouri, in 1904, Walter Williams
- Encyclopedia of the History Of Missouri, Conrad.
- A Thesis by Robert Lee Myers, 1930, (identified as Place Names).
- Several persons told of personal reminiscences. They are identified at the proper sequence.
- Several maps as indicated.
Jasper County Table of Contents
Local History Home