A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of St. Charles County,
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser
Bibliography and Acknowledgements
In compiling this Directory of Towns, Villages and Hamlets, Past and Present
of St. Charles County, Mo., an effort has been made to include every known
I wish to thank the staff of the Reference Department of the Springfield-Greene
County Public Library, who very graciously made certain rare books and maps
available for examination.
Material examined includes the following:
- Wetmore's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1837.
- Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874.
- Campbell's New Atlas of Missouri, 1874.
- History of Saint Charles County, 1885, St. Louis Pub. Co.
- Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri, 1901, Conrad.
- The State of Missouri in 1904, Walter Williams.
- General Scheme of Missouri, 1905, Taft, for the use of Railway Mail
Clerks, referred to as General Scheme.
- Standard Reference Guide of Missouri, 1974, Rand, McNally.
- Several issues of Missouri Manual.
- Several maps as indicated.
St. Charles County
Table of Contents
Local History Home