The internal telephone center at O’Reilly. According to an
article in the Springfield Leader & Press, 6-9-44,
the center was “newly opened” -- probably on 6-8-44.
The operators on its first shift were Hazel Perry and Marilouise
Campbell. First “customers” were Cpl. George M. Roberti
and Pvt. John T. East. June 12, 1944. (ORGH MEDICAL MILITARY ART
DEPT. ; date: 6-12-44; auth. by. Col. Foster)