Volume 8, Number 8, Summer 1984
A meeting of the Board of Directors was held on June 10, 1984, following the general meeting of the society. Ten persons were in attendance. Five items of business were discussed:
1. President Alan Schmitt presented a membership questionnaire and recommended that it be sent out to every member in the Fall issue of the quarterly. The recommendation was approved.
2. President Schmitt reported that the secretary has provided him with a complete list of the membership. Mr. Schmitt has written a program to computerize the list.
3. President Schmitt reported that the secretary is preparing a list of those persons who have not renewed their membership in the society over the past three years. He plans to contact them and encourage them to reactivate their membership and involvement.
4. The question of a meeting location for the society was discussed. A number of options were suggested and it was decided that appropriate inquires would be made concerning a location that could provide meal facilities.
5. President Schmitt recommended, and the board approved, that a regular meeting of the Board of Directors be held prior to each general meeting of the society. After some discussion, the Board agreed that a breakfast meeting on the day of the general meeting is most desirable. Mr. Schmitt is to make the arrangements for a location for the Board meetings.
After a profitable exchange of ideas and general discussion, the meeting was adjourned.
Rt. 2, Box 33
Ash Grove, MO 65604
Date: September 9, 1984
Place: Cummings Auditorium - The School of the Ozarks College Center
Time: 1:30 p.m. (Doors open at 1:00 p.m.)
Program: "Characters of the Ozarks" by Emmett Adams of Forsyth, well-known teacher, writer and jig dancer.
Copyright Ó White River Valley Historical Quarterly
Next Article | Table of Contents | Other Issues
Local History Home