Volume 1, Number 2
You can help your White River Valley Historical Society in this
year of its infancy, by:
- Sending material which may help in publication of this Quarterly. Now is
the time to gather those reminiscences of the people who pioneered in the
White River Valley. Tomorrow may be too late.
- Volunteering your assistance in the work of publication. An editor is needed.
Addressing, proofreading, writing - whatever your abilities or inclinations,
we'd like to hear from you.
- Add to our membership roll. Each member sending in one new membership would
insure continuation of the Quarterly in printed form; lack of funds could
force us' to use less satisfactory duplicating methods.
- Consider making your own memberhsip a sustaining membership for the year
1962 - 63. Only five dollars is the cost, but such memberships provide the
funds that keep the Society alive and make it possible to expand its program.
- Pass along a copy of the Quarterly to someone interested in this area.
- keep the Society in mind as you look over relics of by-gone days and photographs
and documents. A museum is being planned for preservation of those of real
- As a member of a civic organization or as an individual of sufficient means,
aid in the marking of historical sites. Promote the budgeting of contributions
toward the cost of the markers. The Society will provide the research and
aid in all details.
- Promote the passing on of our historical heritage to children. You may
help in this by pur chasing a membership for a teacher or your local school,
by suggesting your civic organi zation offer prizes for students' papers on
local history (which could be published in this Quarterly), or by offering
your personal ass istance in researching a certain locality.
- Join with others in your particular area for a branch group of the White
River Valley His torical Society, purposing to preserve the detailed history
of your area.