Hall, later called Burnham Hall, was constructed on the Drury College
(now University) campus in 1909. On January 21, 1910, all the students
and faculty met at Pearson Hall and
marched in procession, led by the Drury band, to Classical Hall. Students
continued to their classes after short dedicatory speeches. In 1910,
to recognize the generosity of the late trustee J.K. Burnham of Kansas
City, the building was renamed Burnham Hall.
Burnham Hall was erected to house administrative offices, classrooms
and lecture rooms. During World War II, while the normal campus lifestyles
were interrupted, two fraternities and a sorority at Drury were given
space in Burnham Hall. These were Pi Beta Phi, Zeta Tau Alpha and
Delta Delta Delta.
In 1954 the college bookstore was moved from Burnham Hall into the
basement of Fairbanks Dormitory. During 1961 offices in Burnham Hall
were redone at a cost of $44,867. In 1975 a Mabee Foundation grant
was used to renovate Burnham Hall; it was renovated again in 1994.
Burnham Hall currently is located between Pearson Hall and
Stone Chapel on the Drury University campus. It houses the departments
of religion, philosophy, history and political science.
Drury College #1
| #2 | #3