is a black-and-white view of the northwest quadrant of the Springfield
Public Square. The columned building to the left is the Greene County
Courthouse, built in 1856. To its right is Smith's Clothing Company.
The large building in the center of the photograph is called "High
Class Clothing." The five-story building in the right is the National
Exchange Bank. The postcard was never mailed so the date can only
be determined by the presence of the Gottfried Tower in the center
of the Square. It was part of the Square from 1895 until 1909.