You can receive the latest updates to this site via email, or via RSS
feed. Signing up is quick and easy, just click the applicable link below.
Back to School
Maybe you are just looking for a few activities to squeeze all the fun you can out of the final hours of summer break.
The Library has free programs at all 10 branches, but there are a few special back-to-school programs to check out:
- Back to School Snacks You Can Make Yourself! (grades 6-12)
Learn how to make great snacks. It's easier than you think to eat healthy, and it can be fun, too! Make some fantastic locker decorations while you're here.
Friday, August 12
The Republic Branch Library
921 N. Lindsey
- Decor-a-palooza! (grades 3-6)
Whether your room needs some pizazz, or you need some cool locker accessories, craft some cool stuff from recyclables.
Saturday, August 13
The Library Center Story Hour Room
4653 S. Campbell Ave.
882-0714 to register
- Hooray for School! (ages 2-5)
Starting school can be scary! Join us for reassuring stories and fun games, songs and crafts for kids starting preschool or kindergarten.
Saturday, August 20
The Library Station Frisco Room
2535 N. Kansas Expressway
There are many other great Library programs and events to attend before school starts and all year.
Want to learn a little more about your school district? Find contact information, calendars, game schedules, handbooks and more at each of these school websites:
You can join local businesses, non-profit organizations and churches in their drive to get every student ready for the new year by donating money or supplies at several different locations.
- Crosslines of Springfield provides food, clothing and school supplies to area schools year round. Call 869-0563 for details.
- The Salvation Army offers clothing, school supplies and free haircuts for families in Greene and Christian County. Sign up goes through August 12. For more information call 862-5509.
- The Discovery Center is offering free guest passes for members or a buy-one-get-one admission for non-members who donate items to help the Salvation Army through September 30.
And as always, you can find great books at the Library to help you and your child through those first-day jitters: