April 10, 2012 — There’s the Big Read, the Library’s annual April celebration of reading and great books, and then there’s the Big Bleed.
It’s a special blood drive in partnership with the Community Blood Center of the Ozarks for adults age 16 and older on Monday, April 16.
Patients at 38 hospitals served by the Community Blood Center of the Ozarks require more than 275 donations every day. Unfortunately, while 60 percent of the population is eligible to give blood, only 5 percent choose to do so.
Show your support for the Big Read and the health of our community. Donate blood at any of these library branches during business hours on Monday, April 16, and receive a free Big Bleed T-shirt:
• Library Center auditorium, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Library Station, mobile van, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Midtown Carnegie Branch, mobile van, 2:30-5:30 p.m.
• Republic Branch, mobile van, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Willard Branch, mobile van, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
CBCO’s two Springfield donor centers will also offer free Big Bleed T-shirts to donors April 16-20. Visit cbco.org for donation hours.
• Campbell Donor Center - 220 W. Plainview Road. (The Campbell Donor Center will be closed on Friday, April 20.)
• Reser Donor Center - 2230 S. Glenstone Ave.
The Big Read programming throughout April is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest, and the Friends of the Library.
Find this article at