Area Libraries Kick Off Summer Reading Program at May 20 Events
April 18, 2017 —
The Library is gearing up for its annual Summer Reading Program for kids, teens and adults, with this year’s theme “Build a Better World.” The program runs May 20-August 12 and gives participants a chance to read, attend events and earn prizes while they “Build a Better World,” one book at a time. Kids can pick up their game board, check out books and get ready for a summer of reading fun on Saturday, May 20, at kick-off events throughout the district.
- Summer Reading Kickoff for infants-grade 5 from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in the Midtown Carnegie Branch Library Children's Department. Check out books, pick up Summer Reading Program game boards and enjoy a few activities.
- Summer Reading Program Kickoff & Big Play Day for all ages from 10 a.m.-noon at the Schweitzer Brentwood Branch Library. Pick up your game boards and play with us! A variety of play stations will be available that encourage learning, social interaction, discovery, problem-solving, creativity and fun. Play clothes recommended.
- Summer Reading Kickoff Party! for infants-grade 6 from 10 a.m.-noon at Republic Branch Library. Kick off a summer of reading fun with activities and crafts, then pick up your game board and checkout a book to get started.
- Summer Reading Kickoff: Build-It Bonanza for preschool-grade 4 at 11 a.m. at the Strafford Branch Library. Help launch summer reading with a Build-It Bonanza. A variety of materials will be provided for little architects to test their creativity through play and construction.
- Build a Better Summer for grades 6-12 at 3 p.m. at the Strafford Branch Library. Learn about this year's Summer Reading Program and how to participate, build your summer bucket list, cross off a few fun activities and tell us what you'd like to see in upcoming teen programs.
- Summer Reading Program: Build-it Bonanza for preschool-grade 5 at noon at the Fair Grove Branch Library. Help us launch the Summer Reading Progam at the outdoor Build-It Bonanza. A variety of materials will be provided for little architects to test their creativity through play and construction. Bring the family for building fun, then stick around for Bluegrass in the Park at 1 p.m.
- Bluegrass in the Park for all ages from 1-3 p.m. at the Fair Grove Branch Library. Kick off the Summer Reading Program with an afternoon of live music by Red Bridge Bluegrass in the park behind the library. Bring a picnic for the family; no alcohol allowed. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
- Summer Reading Program Kickoff for all ages from 1-3 p.m. at the Willard Branch Library. Join us for board games, snacks and fun, and sign up for the Summer Reading Program at the same time!