Downloadable eBooks from Overdrive
Have you made the switch to eBooks or are you thinking about it? The Library has a downloadable eBook collection with thousands of popular fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages. Compatible eReader devices include the Kindle, the NOOK and the iPad. (Please see our eBook: Frequently Asked Questions Research Guide about eBook availability.)
Quick Start Guides
Select your device to get started.
NOOK + Other E-Ink Readers
Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle Fire, NOOK Tablet/Color
Browse Downloadable eBooks
- See the Quick Start Guides for complete instructions.
- Before downloading a book to your computer or transferring it to your eReader (unless you have a Kindle, NOOK Color/Tablet or type of Tablet or Smartphone), you will need to download, install and register the free Adobe Digital Editions software.
- If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, Blackberry or Windows phone, Kindle Fire or a NOOK Color/Tablet, you can download an app that allows quick access to the eBook collection. Go to your device’s app store/market and search for Overdrive Media Console.
- Check out up to 10 titles at a time (7 or 14 days) and return them early [insert hyperlink to faq] if you want.
- Place holds and add books to your Wishlist.
- For answers to questions and problems visit our eBooks: Frequently Asked Questions Research Guide.
- Having trouble finding available titles to check out? Click on Advanced Search, choose a format (example: Kindle or Adobe ePUB eBook), subject (example: fiction) and click the box next to “Only show titles with copies available.”
- Items cannot be renewed. You must add the book to your cart and check it out again after the checkout period has expired.
Find this article at