Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
The Edward Jones Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Drury University recently hosted the 2011 Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium. This was a great chance for women to learn about different aspects of entrepreneurship from other women and to network with other women in business.
Dr. Regina Waters of Drury University promoted public libraries as a rich source of information in a session on guerrilla marketing. She specifically highlighted the BusinessDecision* database available at the Library. This database allows users to create detailed demographic reports based on geographic location.
Dr. Waters also recommended a few books to help women entrepreneurs. The She Spot gives insight to the female consumer, and The Yahoo! Style Guide is a great source for web design.
Other books for women entrepreneurs and marketing to women available at the Library include:
- The Road to Someplace Better: From the Segregated South to Harvard Business School and Beyond by Lillian Lincoln Lambert
- Smart Women Take Risks: Six Steps for Conquering Your Fears and Making the Leap to Success by Helene Lerner
- How She Does It: How Women Entrepreneurs are Changing the Rules of Business Success by Margaret Heffernan
- Birthing the Elephant: The Women's Go-For-It! Guide to Overcoming the Big Challenges of Launching a Business by Karin Abarbanel and Bruce Freeman
- Why She Buys: The New Strategy for Reaching the World's Most Powerful Consumers by Bridget Brennan
- Women Want More: How to Capture Your Share of the World's Largest , Fastest-Growing Market by Michael J. Silverstein and Kate Sayre
- Women's Business Resources from SBA.gov
- Women Owned Business Network from the Missouri Women's Council
- Office of Equal Opportunity from the Missouri Office of Administration
Learn more about the BusinessDecision database and other resources for small business owners by visiting the Funding and Business Information Center at The Library Center or by contacting business librarian Kelly Miller at 417-616-0540.
Find this article at