Spotlight on Personal Finance
Whether you're saving pennies in your first piggy bank or planning for retirement, these books can inspire you to achieve your financial goals. In honor of Money Smart Week @ your Library, here are some highlights from our personal finance collection.
Basic Personal Finance
- The Total Money Makeover : A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey.
- The Money Class : Learn to Create Your New American Dream by Suze Orman.
- The Millionaire Next Door : The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley, William D. Danko.
- The Automatic Millionaire : A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach.
- All Your Worth : The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan by Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Tyagi.
- Your Money or Your Life : 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez ; revised and updated with Monique Tilford and Vicki Robin.
- Bunny Money by Rosemary Wells.
- What Color is Your Piggy Bank? : Entrepreneurial Ideas for Self-Starting Kids by Adelia Cellini Linecker.
- Earn It, Learn It : Teach Your Child the Value of Money, Work, and Time Well Spent by Alisa T. Weinstein.
- Money Sense for Kids! by Hollis Page Harman.
- The Everything Kids' Money Book : Earn It, Save It, and Watch It Grow! by Brette McWhorter Sember.
- A Smart Girl's Guide to Money : How to Make It, Save It, and Spend It by Nancy Holyoke ; illustrated by Ali Douglass.
- Not Your Parents' Money Book : Making, Saving, and Spending Your Own Money by Jean Chatzky ; illustrated by Erwin Haya.
- The Young Investor : Projects and Activities for Making Your Money Grow by Katherine R. Bateman.
- The Teen's Guide to World Domination : Advice on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Awesomeness by Josh Shipp.
- The Complete Guide to Personal Finance : For Teenagers and College Students by Tamsen Butler ; with foreword by Darlene Gudrie Butts.
Find this article at