"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!" - Jack Buck
In 2006, the St. Louis Cardinals finished the first season in new Busch Stadium by winning their 10th World Series. Now the Redbirds are trying for their 11th title, playing against the Texas Rangers.
The St. Louis Cardinals have won more World Series titles than any other club in Series history except the New York Yankees.
For more information about the history of the St. Louis Cardinals, including timelines, awards, honors and an all-time roster, go to the Cardinals History section of the Official Site of the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Library has many books and DVDs about the St. Louis Cardinals, for both children and adults. To find books and DVDs about the Cardinals, search in the Library catalog under the subject St. Louis Cardinals.
Here is a selection of titles in the Library's collection:
Busch Stadium: the first season
by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
by Sporting News; foreword by Stan Musial
Cardinals collection: 100 years of St. Louis images
by Mark Stang
Cardinals glory: for the love of Dizzy, Ozzie, and The Man
by Alan Ross
The Cardinals of Cooperstown
by Greg Maracek and Myron Holtzman
10 rings: stories of the St. Louis Cardinal World Championships
by James Rygelski and Robert C. Tiemann
The Library has a collection of DVDs of the 2006 World Series games as well as Series games from the 1940s.
- 2006 National League Championship Series game 7
- 2006 World Series games
- St. Louis Cardinals. Vintage World Series film, 1943, 1944, 1946
Here are Web sites that include schedules, history and biography:
- Cardinals History from the Official Site of the St. Louis Cardinals
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Official Site of Major League Baseball
- The Official Site of Stan "The Man" Musial
- The Official Site of the St. Louis Cardinals
- The Official Site of the Texas Rangers
- World Series History: Recaps and Results
Find this article at