Voting Matters: Missouri Primary Election August 7
See Greene County results from the County Clerk's office and Missouri statewide results from the Secretary of State.
When you go to the polls on Tuesday, August 7, you must select one of five ballots: Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, or Constitution party, or an issues-only ballot.
To see a sample ballot for your precinct, check on your registration status, or find your polling place, visit the Secretary of State's Vote Missouri website and use the Voter Information Lookup Tool.
A ballot with all the candidates and issues in Greene County is at the County Clerk's Elections Administration page. You can also find your precinct on a map or in an address directory [pdf]. If you have a question about your registration or polling place, you can call the County Clerk's office at 417-868-4060, M-F 8:00-4:45.
Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 7.
Important Note: Because of redistricting, your state representative district may have changed. Check your precinct information at one of the links above to find out what district you are now in.
Local news coverage can be found at:
- News-Leader -- Election Central, Politics & Government section and Inside Missouri Politics blog
- KY3 -- Local Election News
- OzarksFirst -- Local Elections Headquarters
- Community Free Press -- article about Amendment 2 [pdf] and Voter's Guide on pages 11-22 [pdf]. NOTE: MO House District map in this guide is out-of-date.
- Guides to statewide candidates -- STLtoday and KCstar
Vote411.org is a website of the League of Women Voters which supplies information about the electoral process and about specific candidates and issues. You will need to enter your address to see information specific to your ballot.
Issues being voted on are:
- Missouri Constitutional Amendment 2 (full-text [pdf])
- Springfield Question 1 (1/8 cent transportation sales tax renewal)
- Springfield Charter Amendment 2012-1 [pdf] (to remove the February City Council primary election)
- Springfield Charter Amendment 2012-2 [pdf] (to change the initiative petition process)
- Springfield Charter Amendment 2012-3 [pdf] (to change the initiative petition process)
- Willard Fire Protection District Question 1 (levy proposal)
Statewide races include:
- U.S. Senator
- Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- Attorney General
Greene County races include:
- U.S. Representative in Congress (7th Dist.),
- State Representative (Districts 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, and 137)
- County Commissioner (Districts 1 and 2)
- Public Administrator
- Committeeman and Committeewoman (various)
Voting Matters is a series of articles written by Library staff to provide information and resources during the 2012 political season.
- Voting Matters: E-Verify
- Voting Matters: Primary Elections
- Voting Matters: Redistricting Issues
- Voting Matters: Petitioning Process
- Voting Matters: Smokefree Air Act
Find this article at