MEDIA LAB + 3-D PRINTER
Use our equipment, located in the Edge Community Technology Center, to create your own video and audio presentations or print your own 3-D objects. You don't have to be an expert; you can watch free tutorials to learn how to make your own presentations or print your own objects.
- You provide the script and an SD card of 8GB or larger for recording and editing.
- We provide the lab:
- Canon Xa10 Camcorder with tripod
- Two Mac-Book Pro laptops loaded with Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro X, as well as iMovie, Audacity and several other editing programs
- Wireless microphone
- Studio kit with lights
- Greene County residents may use the equipment at no cost.
- The Media Lab is available by appointment; call The Edge at 417-837-5011 to discuss your project and schedule an appointment.
The Media Lab is made possible by a grant from the Library Services and Technology Act administered through the Missouri State Library, and from matching funds from the Springfield-Greene County Library District.
- The Makerbot Replicator 2 is a desktop 3-D printer that can produce objects from files provided by a user.
- Basic coding and programming skills are required to create files; watch a free tutorial at the Edge.
- The fee for using the 3-D printer is 15¢ per gram.
- To see a demo, watch the tutorial or use the 3-D printer, call the Edge at 417-837-5011.