'Over There: Missouri and the Great War' Display and Digitization Project Document Missouri’s WWI History
May 31, 2013 —
Over There: Missouri and the Great War, an exhibit chronicling Missouri’s World War I history will be on display in the Local History Department at the Library Center through June. The display features some of the images from the statewide digitization project of the same title that is currently in development.
The project will develop a single digital collection consisting of documents, photographs, artifacts and other media in preparation for the centennial remembrance beginning in 2014. The project will be a combination of material from organizations across the state and from private individuals.
Project partners include:
- Missouri History Museum, St. Louis, Mo.
- Missouri State Archives, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Museum of Osteopathic Medicine SM, Kirksville, Mo.
- National World War I Museum, Kansas City, Mo.
- State Historical Society of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Springfield-Greene County Library District, Springfield, Mo.
- University of Missouri Special Collections and Rare Books
For more information go to the Over There: Missouri and the Great War blog at www.missourioverthere.org. The blog features regular posts on Missouri WWI history, "this-day-in-history," fascinating WWI collections and WWI programs hosted throughout the state.