One-Stop Shop for Businesses and Nonprofits Demonstrated at July 22 Open House at Library Center
July 9, 2013 —
Adults are invited to an open house from 3-6 p.m. Monday, July 22, in the Library Center’s Funding and Business Information Center to try out new computers, software and printing capabilities recently added to enhance the library’s services for businesses and nonprofits.
The upgrades were funded with a $10,000 grant from the Missouri State Library.
Refreshments will be provided and door prizes include a new iPad courtesy of Reference USA. (Must be 21 or older and present to win.)
Here are some of the recent enhancements:
- New public computers including an Apple MacBook Pro
- Hewlett Packard Color Laserjet Printer
- digital wall monitor in the Grisham Room so work groups can display and collaborate on projects
- Adobe Creative Suite software package so patrons can create their own marketing materials
- free access to lynda.com, an online learning company that offers an extensive library of instructional videos.