Borrow E-books and Audiobooks Easily with the Libby App
October 24, 2019 — Did you know you can borrow thousands of e-books and audiobooks easily and instantly, for free, just using the device in your hands?
Libby is the one-tap reading app you can download, free, using your Springfield-Greene County Library card. Libby is provided by OverDrive, the service that lets you borrow digital content from the library.
Here’s how to borrow your next favorite read:
- Download the Libby app from your app store or by going to springfield.overdrive.com or overdrive.thelibrary.org.
- Enter your library card number
- Browse your choices of books or audiobooks
- Make a choice, click “Borrow” and start reading
- Checkouts are for three weeks; book will disappear after that – no late fees!
Some helpful features:
If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.
You can download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
You may keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
Positions, bookmarks and notes are kept in sync across your devices.