Adults Will Love This Summer Reading Challenge Starting June 1
May 17, 2021 — Up for a reading challenge this summer? The Library will make it worth your while!
Adults are invited to sign up for the Tails and Tales Summer Reading Challenge June 1-August 7. Sign up, read at least five books from the challenge list, and earn a sturdy library logo water bottle to keep you hydrated this summer, and entries into August prize drawings.
Pick up a registration form and extra log forms at any library branch or the Mobile Library. Or sign up through thelibrary.org/summerreading.
Read books that match at least five of 15 categories below, turn in your list at any library branch, drive-through or Mobile Library and receive a library water bottle.
Keep reading! Ask for more copies of the reading log, keep recording your books and turn in the forms. Or, keep track online through thelibrary.org/summerreading. Each book you read, log and turn in to the library counts as an entry into a drawing for gift cards to locally owned shops and restaurants, and book-themed gifts for lit-lovers.
On Aug. 9, we will conduct the drawings and winners will be notified by email or phone.
Here’s the Tales and Tales Summer Reading Challenge List. Read or listen to an audiobook from at least five titles from these categories.
1. From an animal’s point of view
2. A short story or poem about an animal
3. Animals in another country
4. Featuring imaginary creatures
5. Mystery with a cat or dog
6. Set on a farm, zoo or circus
7. A movie or documentary featuring animals
8. Animals with jobs
9. Pet adoption
10. Use a nature guide to identify an animal
11. Read out loud to an animal
12. True story about an animal
13. Pictorial book about animals*
14. Endangered or extinct species*
15. Backyard farming (raising chickens, beekeeping, etc.)*
* Does not need to be read cover-to-cover
Enjoy your summer! Keep reading, join the regular Adult Summer Reading Program also at thelibrary.org/summerreading, and check out the virtual programs we’re offering through The Library and enjoy from home. Visit thelibrary.org/programs, or see a copy of the summer Bookends calendar of events.