The Springfield-Greene County Library District participates in cooperative programs with other organizations, educational institutions, businesses and individuals. Library sponsorship of a program does not constitute an endorsement of the content of the program, views expressed at the program or the program presenter or performer.
Please note that the Library typically schedules library programming from four to six months in advance. Submitting a proposal is not a guarantee that you will be booked for a program. A Library staff person will contact you regarding your proposal within seven business days of submission.
Thank you, we've received your proposal.
A Library staff person will contact you regarding your proposal within seven business days.
Proposal Failed to SubmitIf you keep receiving this message, please call us at 417-616-0554 for assistance.
- All Library programs are free and open to the public.
- Programs shall be of the highest quality, conducted in the most professional manner and comply with all Library policies and procedures. See General Conduct Policy and Meeting Room Policy.
- Programs are selected for their relevance to community needs and interests, popular appeal, and suitability for a general audience. Presenters and performers are chosen for their proven expertise and/or public performance experience.
- Programs are not used for commercial, religious or partisan purposes or the solicitation of business.
- Attendance at Library programs varies widely. A minimum number of attendees is not required for a program to take place.
- Performers and presenters may be required to furnish evidence of insurance, which will protect the Library from claims that may arise out of or result of the presentation or performance.
- Our Racing to Read storytimes focus on building early literacy skills that support children's reading development. Library staff complete training that prepares them for conducting storytimes. For this reason, we do not accept proposals from storytime presenters, people wanting to read to children or reading groups.