PROGRAMS > BOOK DISCUSSIONS
Join a Book Discussion Group on Goodreads
We've taken some of our most popular book discussion groups and made them virtual so you can still engage with exciting books with some of your favorite librarians throughout the summer. Find these groups and join the discussion on goodreads.com.
All titles listed are available on Hoopla; many are available in print/audio formats as well.
- The Fifteen Wonders of Daniel Green by Erica Boyce
- The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
- Hoodoo by Ronald L. Smith
- The Weather Machine: A Journey Inside the Forecast by Andrew Blum
- Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez
Try at least one recipe from a cookbook, then meet with other culinary aficionados to discuss how everyone's recipes turned out and review the books. We'll also talk food news, cooking techniques and publishing trends.
Too Busy for a Book Club? Join Readups Online
Each month we choose a topic or theme and suggest related titles, post polls and articles. Near the month's end, we find out what books you're reading and talk about them. Our summer topics are:
- August: Translated Books
Programs inside the library branches have been curtailed to help minimize the impact of the coronavirus. So we're sending programs to you—virtually—through some live events and pre-recorded presentations.