PROGRAMS > BOOK DISCUSSIONS
Talk About Books with Us—Virtually!
- July: Summer Scares
- August: Set in Missouri
Ash Grove Bibliophiles
Tuesdays, 1:30 p.m. Visit with others about a book you're currently reading, one you've read or a title you've heard about in our virtual discussion group on Zoom. Register for each discussion; a link to access the virtual event will be shared with registered participants.
Thursdays, noon. E3 stands for Empowering and Educating Entrepreneurs. Join Southwest Missouri SCORE and the Library for a book club to motivate and inspire your work life, whatever it looks like. Discussion happens all month at facebook.com/groups/scoree3bookclub, with a live virtual discussion the last Thursday of each month on Zoom. Register to attend this program by visiting the registration links below or by calling 883-1974. A link to the virtual event will be shared with registered participants.
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know by Adam Grant. Registration starts July 1.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity by David Allen. Registration starts August 1.
Try at least one recipe from a cookbook, then meet with other culinary aficionados to discuss how everyone's recipes turned out and review the books. We'll also talk food news, cooking techniques and publishing trends.
- Confident Women : Swindlers, Grifters, and Shapeshifters of the Feminine Persuasionby Toni Telfer
- Yellow Bird: Oil, Murder and a Woman's Search for Justice in Indian Country by Sierra Crane Murdoch
- In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshl