Tax Counseling for the Elderly
Published January 27, 2017 Submitted by: Renee
Updated: January 12, 2018
The SeniorAge Area Agency on Aging TCE program provides free tax preparation and assistance. IRS-certified volunteers specialize in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. They will prepare federal and state tax returns and Missouri Property Tax Credit (and rent rebate) forms. Adults 60 years of age and older will be given priority, but other ages can receive the service after older adults have been served.
Documents to bring:
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Social Security numbers (or Form 1099-SSA) for the individual, spouse, and all dependents
- Birth dates for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents
- Documentation for all income, usually a Form W-2 or 1099, and child and dependent care expenses
- Bank account and routing numbers (if using direct deposit)
- Affordable Care Act information (Form 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C).
- Copy of last year's federal and state tax returns and real estate tax receipt
- To file a joint tax return electronically, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
TCE sites will operate February 1-April 14 and all require appointments. Contact your nearest SeniorAge Senior Center or call 417-862-0762 after January 15, 2018, for further information.
Return to the Free Tax Help page.
Find this article at