Missouri Career Center Resources
The Missouri Career Centers provide job search assistance to all job seekers looking for employment opportunities. Staff work actively with customers to:
- Identify a job or career goal
- Identify skill sets
- Create a membership with jobs.mo.gov
- Help navigate through other government and commercial job search websites
- Provide online application assistance
The Missouri Career Centers also offer job certification, assessments, and workshops to its members.
- Job seekers may prepare for and obtain the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), which verifies to employers anywhere in the U.S. that applicants have the essential core employability skills in Reading, Math and Locating Information.
- Assessments designed to determine a job seeker's skills, knowledge, abilities, strengths and interests are available through Missouri Connections, WIN initial assessment, and O*Net.
- Specialized workshops to assist laid off workers are available through a partnership with the University of Missouri Extension.
- On-site workshops in Career Exploration, Career Networking, Resume Preparation, Interview Process, and Career Success help job seekers prepare for and conduct an effective job search and maximize their ability to secure employment.
- Resume Development Assistance will help job seekers understand the importance of a high quality resume, know what comprises an effective resume, and connect job seekers with the tools and resources necessary to develop a professional resume.
Additional training programs are available to assist eligible job seekers with gaining the skills needed to obtain employment in today's economy.
Missouri Career Centers also offer the following tools and equipment free of charge for all job seekers:
- Use of computers for job search activities
- Access to printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines to print and transmit resumes and applications to employers
- Access to employer directories, phone books, newspapers and other reference materials
- Access to telephones to contact employers
- Language Select telephone interpretation service
- TTY Service and Ubiduo devices to assist the deaf and hard of hearing
- Assistive technology to help individuals with disabilities, including WindowsEyes screen reader, ZoomText screen enlarger, CCTV, height adjustable tables and other assistive technologies.
The Springfield Office of the Missouri Career Center, Ozark Region is located at 2900 East Sunshine, Springfield, MO 65804.
You can contact the office by calling (417) 887-4343 or 1-800-JOB-PATH (1-800-562-7284).
The hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Library card required for use outside the Library
Find this article at