Published July 23, 2013 Submitted by: Tysha
Downloadable E-books from OverDrive
Have you made the switch to e-books or are you thinking about it? The Library has a downloadable e-book collection with thousands of popular fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages. Compatible e-reader devices include Kindles, NOOKs, and a multitude of tablets and smartphones. (Please see the E-book FAQ Research Guide about e-book availability.)
Quick Start Guides
Select your device to get started:
- Amazon Kindle
- NOOK or Other E-Ink E-Reader
- Tablet, Smartphone, NOOK Color or Tablet, or Kindle Fire
- See the appropriate Quick Start Guide for complete instructions.
- Before downloading a book to your computer or transferring it to your e-reader (unless you have a Kindle, NOOK Color/Tablet or any type of tablet or smartphone), you will need to download, install, and register the free Adobe Digital Editions software.
- If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, Blackberry or Windows phone, Kindle Fire or a NOOK Color/Tablet, you can download an app that allows quick access to the e-book collection. Go to your device's app store/market and search for OverDrive Media Console. Visit the Quick Start Guide: Smartphone/Tablet for further instructions.
- Check out up to 10 titles at a time for up to 14 days and return them early if you want.
- Place holds and add books to your Wishlist.
- For answers to questions and problems, visit the Frequently Asked Questions Research Guide.
- Having trouble finding available titles to check out? Click on Advanced Search, choose a format (example: Kindle Book or ePUB e-book), subject (example: fiction) and click the box next to "Only show titles with copies available."
- Items cannot be renewed. You must add the book to your cart and check it out again after the checkout period has expired.
Find this article at