Your Springfield-Greene County Library card gives you access to all the resources and services of the Springfield-Greene County Library. In addition to borrowing materials, your card will let you use a library computer, download digital media and search electronic databases.
Library Cards are issued free of charge to residents of Greene County, Missouri, persons who pay property tax in Greene County, or students residing in university housing. See the Library's Circulation Policy.
How to Apply for a Library Card
Download a registration form and bring it to the checkout desk of any Library branch. Applicants must provide name and date of birth and present a valid form of identification and proof of current address. Non-residents who pay Greene County property tax should also present a Greene County property tax receipt or lease or rental agreement for property in Greene County.
Persons who pay property tax in Greene County, Missouri, but do not reside in Greene County, must provide a Greene County property tax receipt, lease agreement for a business, or mortage summary detailing tax payment.
Library Card Registration Form (pdf) | En español (pdf)
Library cards expire automatically one year from the date of issue. You may update your account online, or call or visit any branch library.
Non-Resident Library Cards
Missouri residents living outside of Greene County may pay an annual fee of $65 per household to obtain a Library card with the same checkout pivileges, computer access and services that county residents enjoy.
Children's Library Cards
- Teens and children 17 years old and younger unaccompanied by a parent may register for a Library Card if they can complete a registration form with their name, address, phone number, birthday and parents' names.
- The child will be able to check out five items at a time until the responsibility statement on the back of the card is signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Company Library Cards
- Businesses may obtain a library card with one individual responsible for the card and all materials checked out on the card.
- Businesses within Greene County may obtain this card free of charge. Businesses outside of Greene County may purchase a Library card for a $65 annual fee.
- Patrons may not checkout on a Company Card without having the card in hand.
- Company Library Cards are issued for one year in a company's name
and mailed to the company address, in care of the company president, who is responsible for materials checked out on Company Library Cards.
- To apply for a Company Library Card, complete
an application (pdf) .