- Requests should be relevant to southwest
Missouri and the Ozarks.
- Staff limitations prevent ongoing
or in-depth genealogical research for individuals, but staff
is glad to respond to specific genealogy inquiries. Any
request should state the full name, approximate date and
general location for the event of interest, such as marriage,
death or census look-up.
- Requests should be limited to no
more than five look-ups per inquiry. Staff
will consult available local and regional indexes. Simple
requests are responded to as soon as possible. More complex
requests are answered as time permits.
- See contact information (in the left sidebar) for postal or email requests.
- Include a postal mailing address
and an email address, if applicable, with all requests.
- For more in-depth research, a listing
of professional researchers is available upon request.
Library staff will send paper or digital copies of documents to you for a small fee. There is a $1 minimum for all requests.
- 50¢ per page sent to persons residing outside of Greene County.
- 25¢ per page sent to persons residing
within Greene County.
An invoice will be included with the response. Most inquiries
incur a charge of less than $5.
Credit cards and personal checks are accepted. To pay via credit card, please contact the local history department.
You are welcome to visit the Local History and Genealogy
Department to make your own copies:
- Photocopiers: 10¢ per copy
- Microform printers: 15¢ per copy