- Requests should be relevant to southwest
Missouri and the Ozarks.
- Staff limitations prevent ongoing
or in-depth genealogical research for individuals, but staff
is glad to respond to specific genealogy inquiries. Any
request should state the full name, approximate date and
general location for the event of interest, such as marriage,
death or census look-up.
- Requests should be limited to no
more than five look-ups per inquiry. Staff
will consult available local and regional indexes. Simple
requests are responded to as soon as possible. More complex
requests are answered as time permits.
- See contact information (in the left sidebar) for postal or email requests.
- Include a postal mailing address
and an e-mail address, if applicable, with all requests.
- For more in-depth research, a listing
of professional researchers is available upon request.
To have photocopies mailed to you:
- 50¢ per page for photocopies
mailed outside of Greene County. ($1 minimum).
- 25¢ per page for photocopies mailed
within Greene County.
An invoice will be included with the response. Most inquiries
incur a charge of less than $5. VISA, MASTERCARD, and personal
checks are accepted. To pay via credit card, provide the type
of card (VISA or MASTERCARD), name of the cardholder, card
number and expiration date.
You are welcome to visit the Local History and Genealogy
Department to make your own copies:
- Photocopiers: 10¢ per copy, dimes
- Microform printers: 15¢ per copy,
dimes and nickels only