- Library cards are issued free of charge to residents of Greene County, Missouri, persons who pay property tax in Greene County, or students residing in university housing. Residents living outside of Greene County will be charged an annual fee based on the average annual property assessment as determined by the Library Board of Trustees.
- To obtain a library card from the Springfield-Greene County Library District, an applicant must provide the required information: Name, Date of Birth, a Valid Form of Identification and Proof of Current Address.
- Acceptance of a Library Card assumes that you will be responsible for fines for late returns and charges for lost or damaged items checked out with your card.
First-time checkout limit is five items. After that, the limit is 50 items per card.
Material Loan Periods
- Books - 3 weeks
- DVDs and CDs - 3 weeks
Loan periods, fines, replacement fees and renewals may vary for items borrowed from libraries outside this library district.
You may renew most items for two additional loan periods if no one else has requested them.
Fines and Fees
- Library fines are assessed at ten cents per day per item for overdue materials. Mobile Library materials are assessed at ten cents per item per week. The Library charges a replacement fee for lost or damaged items. Fines and replacement fees may vary for items borrowed from libraries outside this library district.
- The Library may use a material recovery agency for past due accounts.
Library patrons may have up to 50 items on hold at any given time and may choose to pick up those materials at any Springfield-Greene County Library location. Items are held for patrons on the hold shelf for seven business days from the date the item is placed on the hold shelf. The seven day hold period is defined as normal operating hours of the branch selected as the pick up location.
Approved by Library Board 4/27/2012, reviewed as approved 11/19/2019.