SERVICES › VOTER REGISTRATION
You can register to vote in Greene County or fill out a change-of-address card at any branch of the Springfield-Greene County Library or the bookmobile.
You can also register to vote online at the Missouri Secretary of State website.
Who May Register?
To be eligible to register, a person must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years old by the date of the election;
- Be a resident of Greene County;
- Present valid identification. See the Missouri Secretary of State website for a list of Acceptable ID;
- Not be encumbered by a felony conviction, or adjudged to be incapacitated.
Change of Address
To avoid delays on election day, registered voters who have moved within Greene County should change their voter registration by notifying the County Clerk. Such notification may be given by:
- Filling out the back of the voter registration card and returning it to the County Clerk's office;
- Sending a signed letter listing old and new address;
- Completing a "Missouri Voter Registration Application" postcard (available at the Library).
All applications for change of address must bear the signature of the voter.
New voters (those who have never registered in Greene County) must apply by the fourth Wednesday prior to an election.
Registered voters who have legally changed their name may vote once more under their old name (provided their address is the same) and complete a new voter registration card at that time.
See the Library's Voter Registration Policy.