IMAGE REPRODUCTION POLICY
- Photocopies and digital reproductions are made for research and educational purposes. Reproductions may be limited by donor agreements or based on the condition of the material. Local History librarians reserve the right to refuse image reproduction when it is believed the process will damage the original material.
- Reproduction and user fees may be applicable. Sale of a reproduced image from the Local History & Genealogy Department’s collection does not include the purchase of copyright.
- The Springfield-Greene County Library District does not hold copyright on many of the materials in the Local History & Genealogy collection. Patrons assume all responsibility for obtaining the necessary permissions for publication and further use, and assume sole responsibility for any infringement of the literary rights, copyrights, or other rights which pertain to these materials.
- Patrons are allowed to use photocopiers, personal scanners, and personal digital cameras to reproduce images from the Local History & Genealogy Department’s collection. Local History librarians reserve the right to revoke this privilege based on fragility of the materials. Library staff may attempt to photocopy, photograph, or scan the requested material for the patron.
- Reproduction of a complete work (e.g. book) is a copyright infringement and not permitted.
- Citation should follow this format: Image Courtesy of the Springfield-Greene County Library District