Helping Others for the Holidays
Many people see the approaching holidays not only achance to spend time with family and eat fabulous food, but also as an opportunity to give back to the community. Several local organizations are in need of volunteers to ensure that everyone is able to celebrate the holidays this year. If you are looking for a way to give back this season, here are some local volunteer opportunities.
- Distribute Thanksgiving food baskets or help with Christmas toy distribution at Crosslines
- Wrap gifts at the Developmental Center for the Ozarks booth at the Battlefield Mall
- Serve a meal at Victory Mission
- Be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army
- Shop for toys and wrap gifts for Help Give Hope
Donate gifts and other items
- Donate food or monetary gifts to the Ozarks Food Harvest
- Contribute a toy to the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program
- Provide toiletries, household and food items for The Kitchen and Rare Breed
- Adopt a family through the Crosslines Holiday Center
- Help fulfill a senior citizen’s wishlist by participating in the Santa’s Little Helper program through the Southwest Missouri Office On Aging 417-862-0762
There may be additional volunteer opportunities available with the organizations listed above, if you contact them directly. If you are unfamiliar with an organization, it is always a good idea to research it on a website like Charity Navigator or Charity Watch before making a donation.
Find this article at