Book Your Next Meeting Room with This New Tool
Springfield-Greene County Library patrons can reserve meeting rooms using a new, easy tool beginning Oct. 1. The site is rooms.thelibrary.org.
Simply select a date and the library branch you prefer, and check for available rooms. You can see photographs of each room, seating capacity, amenities, and equipment.
All current reservations made through the previous Spaces online system will be transferred to Reserve, so patrons don’t need to submit a new reservation.
If you don’t have access to email and need to book a room, or need immediate booking assistance, call your preferred library branch.
Reservations will be managed by library staff during regular library hours. Once a reservation is submitted, that time is blocked by the reservation request so no double bookings occur.
Library staff will review the request, verify that it complies with the library’s approved meeting room uses, and send an email confirmation in a timely manner. Staff will follow up with an email if there are any questions. (Meeting room policies can be found at thelibrary.org/meetingrooms.)
Here are some guidelines for using the new system:
- No account or password is required. Simply enter a valid email address in order to make a reservation.
- You will receive two emails: one to confirm reservation submission, and one confirmation email when staff approve the reservation.
- Reservation limitations apply as follows:
- Community Rooms can be booked up to 12 months in advance of the current date. They can be booked up to twice in one month for up to eight hours a day
- Conference Rooms can be booked up to three months in advance of the current date. They have an unlimited number of reservation availability for up to four hours a day.
- Study Rooms can be booked up to three months in advance of the current date. They have an unlimited number of reservation availability for up to eight hours a day.
Not sure which type of room you need? Ask a librarian for details.
Find this article at